One particular of the most well-known functions at Horse Racing Country is the data on person horses. Visitors seemed at HRN‘s horse data virtually as considerably as its news material.
Here are the 10 horses that you appeared up the most in 2021.
1. Vital High-quality. One of Brad Cox’s superstars, he gained 5 of 7 starts this year, all in graded stakes. Certainly, he arrived up small in the Kentucky Derby and the Breeders’ Cup Vintage, but his victories integrated gutsy wins in the Travers (G1) – by a neck about Midnight Bourbon – and the Belmont Stakes right after a spirited problem by Incredibly hot Rod Charlie.
2. Medina Spirit. So significantly transpired in this star-crossed colt’s short career. Bought at auction for $35,000, his Kentucky Derby gain for Bob Baffert continues to be in dispute. Winner of the Awesome Again (G1) and runner-up in the Breeders’ Cup Typical, his Dec. 6 demise at Santa Anita stunned the racing entire world.
3. Warm Rod Charlie. He was a enthusiast favored this calendar year regardless of profitable only two of seven starts. Just after ending 3rd in the Kentucky Derby, he established insane-rapidly fractions in the Belmont just before losing to Necessary Excellent. Then came the Haskell (G1), where he crossed the end line first but was disqualified to seventh immediately after clipping heels with Midnight Bourbon. He came again to get the Pennsylvania Derby (G1) ahead of ending fourth in the Breeders’ Cup Traditional. Search for him this weekend in the San Antonio (G2) and maybe in the Dubai Entire world Cup (G1) in March.
4. Rock Your Globe. He started his racing career on New Year’s Day this 12 months and rode a 3-for-3 record, together with a Santa Anita Derby (G1) victory, to the Kentucky Derby. That was a very first for co-house owners Kosta and Peter Hronis. He had a tricky journey there and unsuccessful to win in his final 4 starts off just before remaining retired to stud obligation.
5. Recognised Agenda. Hopes were large for this Curlin colt immediately after his 2 3/4-length acquire in the Florida Derby. But a troubled excursion resulted in a ninth-place end in the Kentucky Derby, and he then finished fourth in the Belmont Stakes. Phrase arrived in August that he would be retired.
6. Midnight Bourbon. It was largely a close-but-not-pretty year for Steve Asmussen’s colt. He started out the calendar year with a acquire in the Lecomte (G3) and concluded 2nd or third in 6 of his 8 subsequent commences. The other two had been a sixth-put effort and hard work in the Kentucky Derby and a did-not-finish in the Haskell (see Hot Rod Charlie, previously mentioned).
7. Daily life Is Good. Soon after a 3-for-3 get started, the Bob Baffert trainee was the early most loved for the Kentucky Derby but was sidelined by an ankle chip in March. He arrived back to end second by a neck in the H. Allen Jerkens Memorial (G1) and then received the Kelso (G2) and the Breeders’ Cup Mile. You could see him future in the Pegasus World Cup (G1) in January.
8. Concert Tour. Soon after setting up his vocation in January and likely 3-for-3 for Bob Baffert, he skipped the Kentucky Derby after a disappointing 3rd-place end in the Arkansas Derby and came again to complete ninth in the Preakness Stakes. Now with Cox, he is entered in Monday’s Woodchopper Stakes at Good Grounds, but he will not begin unless of course it arrives off the turf.
9. Knicks Go. The only horse on this list who is not 3 several years aged, Knicks Go is heading strong as he is about to convert 6. He is the primary applicant for Horse of the yr after profitable the Pegasus Environment Cup (G1), Whitney (G1) and Breeders’ Cup Traditional. He will wrap up his job for Cox in the Pegasus Globe Cup following month.
10. Rombauer. He turned a star for Mike McCarthy immediately after successful the Preakness in excess of Midnight Bourbon and Medina Spirit. Sidelined since working third in the Belmont Stakes, he resumed performing final month at Santa Anita.